The Heroic Team Leader is Dead. Long Live the Team!
Traditionally, coaching focuses on individual people or parts of an organisation. We believe thatthis approach misses the wider and often more influential challenges that exist in the connections between people.
Systemic team coaching is a process by which a team coach:
- works in partnership with team, both when they are together and when are apart
- helps them improve collective performance and how they work together
- develops collective leadership to more effectively engage with key stakeholder groups and jointly transform the wider business in order to co-create value for all their stakeholders.
(Hawkins, 2011 & 2014)
The OPES Approach
- Team Coaching Workshops: the team works strategically and deeply on how it functions - both task / relationship and internal / external focus. *Roadmap output from first session*
- One to one coaching: How individuals can enhance their contribution to the team’s shared leadership?
- Working with Stakeholders: Team deepens its understanding of needs and relationships.
- Business As Usual: Coach also works alongside team in normal business activities,holding mirror up & providing feedback
What our customers say about us:
"I have many coaches who coach my people and consultants who consult to parts of my organisation, but that is not where our challenges lie – all my challenges lie in the connections between people, between teams, between us and our stakeholders”.
(“Tomorrow’s Leadership and the Necessary Revolution in Today’s Leadership Development”, Henley Business School)